PurplePath Behaviors Preview
An overview of PurplePath behaviors and techniques for achieving them.
PurplePath Behavior Overview
- Health: Exercise 10 minutes more each day, from now on.
- Environment: Eat more fruits and vegetables each day into the future.
- Commerce: Save 10% more of your paycheck each month forever.
Many people seek Purple Path behaviors. They are already doing something good, like exercising, and they are ready to take it to the next level. This increased intensity or duration of a familiar behavior (like exercise) is what Purple Path is all about.
To achieve a Purple Path Behavior, it is necessary to alter at least one element from the Fogg Behavior Model:
- Increase the number of triggers leading to the desirable behavior.
- Enhance ability to perform the behavior (make it easier to do)
- Amplify motivation for doing the behavior with intrinsic and extrinsic motivators.
Our Resource Guide for Purple Path Behaviors explains specific techniques and tools for achieving increasing the intensity of a behavior one-time. It also highlights successful programs and online systems that exist for this purpose.
About Resource Guides
Our Stanford team created these Resources Guides to help people working on behavior change projects. We can make it easier for you to:
1. Learn about a specific type of behavior change
2. Create solutions for achieving that behavior
In the past, most designers and researchers guessed at solutions for changing behavior. And frankly most attempts failed. Today, rather than guessing at solutions, people who use our Resource Guides will have clear guidance.
Our Stanford team will continue to improve each of the 15 Resource Guides. We welcome your input.
BJ Fogg, Ph.D. (email@example.com)
Director, Persuasive Tech Lab @ Stanford University
Access Premium Resource Guide for PurplePath Behaviors
To gain access to the full behavior guide, with a full set of techniques and solutions, please visit our online store.
To view a sample a guide, please fill out the form below: